The photos are all from the recent holiday – a bit more exciting than usual! I wish England was this sunny!
I saw this fabric in my parents local fabric shop when I was particularly broke. I loved it immediately (you might be aware of my bird print obsession?) but couldn’t justify buying much of it, so I only bought a metre. I immediately knew I wanted to make another Archer, but this time sleeveless. I’ve also seen that Tilly has recently made a gorgeous dress made from the blue version of this fabric. It’s such lovely fabric
I followed Jen’s suggestions for making the sleeveless version of the Archer and reduced some of the width across the shoulders. I also made another difference, I decided I wanted to make a high/low version! Before I started I made sure to add some length as I found that my previous Archer was much too short, I added 2 inches at the lengthen lines marked on the pattern. I then created the high/low hem by continuing the higher hem at the sides of view A forward to the front of the shirt.
I made a slight mistake when cutting out and got my high/low the wrong way round – meaning the back was shorter than the front! Luckily I realised before it was too late and managed to reshuffle the pattern pieces. Phew, but also MUPPET!
No more mistakes after that though This Archer came together far more easily than my last as I knew what I was doing a bit more. In fact it only took me an afternoon.
It might be a tad too short at the front but I don’t actually mind too much, I’ve worn it with high waisted trousers for work and it looked great. In these photos I’ve worn it with a top underneath, but today I wore it on it’s own – I might have shown a bit of mid-rif at times but I think it looked good too.
I really enjoyed this make and I want to make yet another Archer, you can’t have too many shirts!